MBA CET 2018 – Difference between MBA, MMS, PGDM
I understand that most of the MBA CET aspirants have a tough time after CET results in resolving difference between MBA, MMS and PGDM. It is difficult understand what degree to go for and sometimes wrong decision leads to lifelong regrets.
Let me clear this confusion in simplest manner.
- The management degree given by Savitribai Phule Pune University is called MBA i.e Masters of Business Administration
- The management degree given by Mumbai University is called MMS i.e Masters in Management Studies
- PGDM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGDBM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- PGDBA stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
MMS and MBA degrees are given by colleges or institutes that are affiliated to universities and such universities are controlled by U.G.C (University Grants Commissions). Both the courses have duration of 2 years.
PGDM, PGDBM, PGDBA etc. are diploma courses provided by colleges or institutes that are not autonomous and not affiliated to any university. The course duration is of 2 years.
Watch the video for more information